You are here:

Imports and exports

Border Control Posts (BCP)

Animals and animal products from countries outside the EU must be imported via an approved Border Control Posts (BCPs), where they undergo veterinary checks before they are allowed to enter the EU.

See the Border Control Posts (BCP) pages for further information.

This includes the Import Information Notes which are technical documents containing import requirements, and are for use by veterinary staff at Border Control Posts.

Popular links

Sam OV support

For queries about using Sam or the initial registration process please contact the Sam support desk on:

03300 416999
Email Sam support desk